Technology companies in the software, hardware, and web development industries rely on our intellectual property expertise in order to protect and license their technological works. To do so, we often draft and negotiate software licensing, non-disclosure, and employment or subcontractor agreements with work-for-hire, non-compete, and non-solicitation provisions.
In addition, we have litigated various claims, including copyright, antitrust, and breach of licensing agreement on behalf of our clients in federal and state courts at the trial and appellate levels. Such representation has included responding to cease and desist letters, filing antitrust counterclaims, and resolution of arbitration claims.
Representative clients in this industry have included:
- LegendSky Tech Company LTD, a China-based manufacturer of the HDFury, among other devices
- Kanvas Labs, LLC, creator of Kanvas, a best new iTunes application
- InstaBrand Labs, LLC, a Los Angeles based digital marketing agency that promotes brands on Instagram.
- Beauty Stat, LLC, a beauty influencer platform based in Manhattan
- Commerce Magic, L.L.C., a Manhattan-based web services company for small businesses
- Gelo Factory, L.L.C., a Manhattan based web design and technology concern
Since our inception in 2006, we have been representing award winning media & entertainment clients with their intellectual property, litigation, and corporate matters. Whether it’s an external dispute with a vendor, or an internal conflict with a partner, we have for more than ten years been by our media & entertainment clients side to quickly resolve problems as efficiently as possible and within the budget we set for the client.
More recently, for example, we successfully settled a contentious dispute between actor Mr. Edward Burns, who starred in Saving Private Ryan, and one of his vendors in New York after filing an answer and counterclaims alleging fraud, among other things. Other clients in this industry have included:
- Manhattan based Bodega Studios, producer of independent films like Hello Lonesome
- Grammy award winning Def Jam recording artist Ms. Chrisette Michele Payne (p/k/a Chrisette Michele)
- Legendary recording artist Mr. Ramble Krohn (p/k/a “RJD2“), creator of AMC’s Mad Men theme music
- Grammy award winning recording artist Mr. Winston Rodney (p/k/a “Burning Spear“)
- Russian recording artist Ms. Liana Migulya, daughter of legendary Russian artist Mr. Vladimir Migulya
- Audio-visual distribution company Victory Audio Video Services, Inc. (d/b/a “Victory Multimedia“)
Members of our legal team have represented fashion designers who are members of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (“CFDA”) and/or who have won the coveted Ecco Domani© Fashion Foundation award, in addition to burgeoning and established fashion houses.
Among other things, attorneys of the firm have: registered trademarks and negotiated several contracts for CFDA designer Mr. Donald Deal, who is carried by Neiman Marcus and has dressed the likes of Sharon Stone and Barbara Walters; negotiated a favorable commercial lease for Mr. Richard Chai, the 2005 winner of the Ecco Domani© Fashion Foundation award; registered trademarks for Emma Fox Leatherware, L.L.C., a burgeoning purse design company; advised Industrias Integratas, a Colombian based apparel manufacturer, concerning the company’s contractual rights against a New Jersey textile broker; and successfully dismissed a breach of contract complaint brought against Danielle Nicole, Inc., an emerging purse design company.