Over the years, we have represented fashion designers who are members of the Council of Fashion Designers of America (“CFDA”) and/or who have won the coveted Ecco Domani© Fashion Foundation award, in addition to burgeoning and established designers.
Representative matters in this industry include:
- Apiece Apart – Negotiated and drafted the operating agreement, independent contractor, and investment documents for Apiece Apart, a woman’s fashion company which has been featured in Vogue, among other publications;
- Mr. Richard Chai — Negotiated a favorable commercial lease and drafted trademark licenses for Mr. Richard Chai, the 2005 winner of the Ecco Domani© Fashion Foundation award;
- Ms. Allison Cosmos – Defended Ms. Cosmos, a well-known interior designer who has been featured in the likes of Elle Decor, against copyright infringement claims in connection with embroidery;
- Donald Deal, Inc. — Registered trademarks and negotiated several contracts for CFDA designer Mr. Donald Deal, who is carried by the likes of Wilkes Bashford and Neiman Marcus, and who has dressed the likes of Sharon Stone and Barbara Walters;
- Industrias Integratas — Advised this Colombian based apparel manufacturer, concerning the company’s contractual rights against a New Jersey textile broker;
- Tailors Keep – Drafted employment and investor agreement documents for this San Francisco based men’s wear company which has been featured in publications including The Wall Street Journal;
- Emma Fox Leatherware, L.L.C. — Registered trademarks for Emma Fox Leatherware, L.L.C., a burgeoning purse design company;
- Danielle Nicole, Inc. — Successfully dismissed a breach of contract complaint brought against Danielle Nicole, Inc., an emerging purse design company, and its founder, Danielle Nicole; and
- Fair Ends – Reviewed and negotiated investment documents for Fair Ends, a burgeoning fashion brand.