Since the firm’s inception in 2006, it has been successfully representing award winning media & entertainment clients with their intellectual property, litigation, and related corporate matters. Whether it’s an external dispute with a vendor, or an internal conflict with a business partner, we partner with our media & entertainment clients to resolve the trickiest licensing or litigation problems.
Representative matters include:
- Bodega Studios — Counseled N.Y. based Bodega Studios about its licensing of certain master recordings and musical compositions it needed to complete Hello Lonesome, its award-winning movie;
- Mr. Edward Burns – After filing counterclaims sounding in, among other things, fraud, successfully defended Mr. Burns, an award-winning actor and producer who starred in Saving Private Ryan, against breach of contract claims brought against him in Supreme Court of the State of New York, County of Suffolk. The Car Doctor L.L.C. v. Edward Burns, Index No. 13-32279;
- Truth and Transparency Foundation — Resolved 74 copyright claims brought by the Jehovah’s Witness, totaling $2.2 million in maximum statutory damages, for $15,000.00 on behalf of the Truth and Transparency Foundation. Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania v. The Truth and Transparency Foundation, et. al., No. 1:20-CV-03366;
- Situation Interactive — Outside general counsel to Situation Interactive, a Manhattan based digital ad company that services much of Broadway, in connection with Child Online Privacy Protection compliance and other privacy matters;
- Ms. Krysanne Katsooolis — Advised award-winning producer Ms. Katsoolis concerning the optioning and financing of various films, including a film titled Second Strike. In addition, successfully settled a case that Ms. Katsoolis brought against Liquid Media Group, a NASDAQ traded media company, along other individuals for breach of contract, defamation, and discrimination claims after defeating Defendants’ motion to dismiss. Katsoolis et. al. v. Liquid Media Group, Ltd., et. al., 1:18-cv-09382;
- Mr. Ramble Krohn (p/k/a “RJD2”) — Obtained a favorable settlement for Mr. Krohn, creator of the theme music for Mad Men, in copyright infringement and breach of contract litigation. Ramble Krohn v. Definitive Jux, Inc., et. el., Index No., 653430/12;
- Victory Multimedia — Obtained the dismissal of a six-figure breach of contract complaint on behalf of Victory Multimedia, an L.A. audio-visual company, in the Supreme Court of New York, County of New York. Smith v. Victory Multimedia, Index No. 602664/08; and
- Ms. Chrisette Michele Payne — Successfully represented a Grammy® award winning Island Def Jam recording artist in an appeal to the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, First Department. Chrisette Michele Payne v. Douglas Ellison, et. al., 914 N.Y.S. 2d 123 (1st Dep’t 2010).